Rules for the 2017 website competition for Michigan high school girls will be announced on Sept. 1, 2017. Mark your calendars!
Although the rules vary slightly from year to year, the list below offers some general information.
- Contestants may compete as an individual or in a team of two girls, with no change in how the teams are judged.
- Six cash prizes are awarded in each of the two categories (Beginner and Advanced). Prizes range from $50 to $750.
- Contestants will create a website that illustrates the announced theme, which changes each year. If you are in your first semester of web design (or similar) class or have never taken any web design or coding classes, you may enter either the Beginner or Advanced category.
- If you have completed any web design or coding classes, you MUST enter the Advanced category.
- The Advanced category historically requires two additional features, compared with the Beginner category: 1) 15 seconds of audio, video or animation and 2) a link to a social media site
- Each year, MCWT requires that websites have five pages. One page must be your home page, which introduces the theme and your approach to the theme. Three pages will discuss three items or categories of items that illustrate the competition theme. The fifth page is an “About Me” page.