Michigan Middle and High School Girls
- One category for middle school girls
- Two categories for high school girls: Beginner and Advanced
- Each competitor may compete as an individual or in a team of two girls, with no change in how the teams are judged.
2018 Competition Theme: “My week without digital technology!” Assume that for one week, the world has electricity and landline telephones, but does not have access to digital technology such as cell phones, Wi-Fi, digital cable, and internet. Create a website that details your week without digital technology. This could include, for example, the following:
- How you communicate with friends and family.
- How you complete schoolwork.
- More generally, how living without digital technology would change how you work, play, and get things done.
Visit www.mcwtwebdesign4girls.net for complete details, including rules and registration requirements.
Regardless of the number of entries that MCWT Foundation receives from any one school, no more than three (3) of the 12 finalists in each category will be named from that school.
In addition to the chart of rules and criteria information, helpful resources are posted at https://www.mcwtwebdesign4girls.net/resources.
A private username and password will be sent individually and privately to each competitor/team of competitors (“Team”) so that the Team can upload the Team’s site.
The adult Coach, named by the Team, will be asked to verify that a Team’s work is the Team’s own. Also, Finalists may be asked technical questions regarding the development and design of their websites.